Everything You Need to Know About Quitting Your Job
- Whatâs the best way to leave a job?
- I QUIT. There are good ways and bad ways to say
- LinkedIn Influencers shared their stories and advice, so you can make your own exit gracefully.
- âExplain your reasoning, share your vision for the future, and make an effort to keep in touch. Who knows what the future will hold?â Read More RICHARD BRANSON Founder, Virgin Group
- âI will forever love my run at CNBC. But I also love knowing that I knew when to leave. On my own terms. That for me is priceless!â Read More SUZE ORMAN Television host, author, motivational speaker, producer
- âDonât retire on the job. The last thing you want to hear when announcing your departure is: âSeems like you were already gone.ââ Read More MARINA GORBIS Executive Director, Institute for the Future
- âThere are rare situations when the opportunity to return to your prior employer arises and you ask yourself, âIs it ever really possible to go home?â In my case, it was.â Read More ADENA FRIEDMAN President at Nasdaq
- âI donât like to lose valued employees, but I am proud to have given them the opportunity to grow in their careers and become even more marketable.â Read More KEVIN CHOU CEO, co-founder at Kabam
- âHaving worked for very large and professional organizations my whole life, I have learned and seen firsthand the value of being considerate when parting ways with a company.â Read More BILL MCCOMB Former CEO at Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc.
- âWhen you make the decision to quit, don't waver. Show good character by following through on your decisions and proving you aren't just about the money.â Read More J.T. OâDONNELL CEO, CAREEREALISM
- âGE and Jack Welch gave me a second chance and â thanks to that â I was able to gain the experiences of a lifetime.â Read More ROBERT NARDELLI Founder, Chairman & CEO at XLR-8
- âThe way I see it, quitting isnât losing. Itâs simply changing direction.â Read More ROBERT HERJAVEC Shark on ABC's Shark Tank, Founder of Herjavec Group, Bestselling Author, Race Car Driver
- âFind real meaning in your life instead of a means to some financial goal or pleasure. When you find meaning that delivers value, art, and helps others fulfill their own dreams, you find happiness.â Read More JAMES ALTUCHER Entrepreneur, Author, Angel Investor, JamesAltucher.com
- I QUIT. Tell us when youâve said: Thatâs it.
- Share your story. Click here to start. Untitled