Balboa Park Attractions By Scott Therkalsen Daniel Mizisin Jing-Yi Chen.
- Balboa Park Attractions By Scott Therkalsen Daniel Mizisin Jing-Yi Chen
- Why focus on attractions? Expanding industry with an increased emphasis of online tourism services Importance of knowing where you are going (price, hrs, etc.) Local Knowledge in planning what is important to see on short trips before visiting physical sites because tourist agents can often suffer from lack of knowledge or experiences
- Why focus on Balboa Park? Too many attractions in San Diego to cover Focus on the most well known of the attractions (Zoo and Park) and our own personal favorites and the ones we had personal accounts of to offer Balboa Park has dozens of smaller attractions to discover
- What was lacking? The park and zoo site were not connected as well as we thought they should be Confusing Sites Personal bias of sites created by those with a stake in the success of the attraction
- Our Solutions Extremely simplified Personal opinions and experiences free from any bias Most important information presented obviously Easy to use maps for navigation and park information
- Data Source Balboa Park website, San Diego Zoo website, and SANDAG
- Map Design--1 Unity of three maps The same layout frame Color displayâwarm color
- Map Design--2 SD Downtown General Directions --roads and freeways
- Map Design --3 Balboa Park --featured attractions and important roads
- Map Design --4 San Diego Zoo --featured animal locations and important utilities
- ArcIMS Setup Java feature server Utilize MapNotes/EditNotes Add layers Print out and save the map
- Java Feature Server
- Goal for photography and site selection To make website visitors feel compelled to visit the featured locations for themselves.
- Site Selection for Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo Objectives for attaining our goal Select places to feature on the website that are popular. Select locations that are attractive and easily photographed. Select a diverse set of locations that appeal to all types of people. Provide inviting images of each location.
- Featured Locations in Balboa Park Japanese Garden Largest and most popular garden in the park. Museum of Man It is San Diegoâs only Museum dedicated to anthropology. Timken Museum of Art It is considered one of the finest small museums in the United States . Reuben H. Fleet Science Center The Fleet houses the worldâs first and San Diegoâs only IMAXÂ® Dome Theater. San Diego Museum of Art Is Balboa Parks oldest and largest museum. Aerospace Museum Is a great place to bring the whole family. Casa Del Prado Is one of the coolest looking Buildings in the park and a great theatre as well.
- Featured Locations in The San Diego Zoo Flamingo Lagoon An excellent place to photograph Flamingos and other water fowl. Reptile Mesa Includes the reptile house and new Indian Gharial Exhibit. Gorilla Tropics One of the Zoos most popular attractions. Horn and Hoof Mesa A great place to see newborns in the spring. Childrenâs Zoo Has the Zooâs only Petting Zoo and Nursery. Ituri Forest Good place to see Monkeys interacting with River Otters.