3 Powerful Leadership Lessons from Guy Kawasaki
- 3 P O W E R F U L L E A D E R S H I P L E S S O N S F R O M : G U Y K A W A S A K I
- I recently had the pleasure of creating an expert roundup on leadershipâ¦ Hereâs a link to the original article: 31 Leadership Experts Reveal Top Leadership Skills & Traits >>
- One of the first contributors was the incomparable Guy Kawasakiâ¦ I recently had the pleasure of creating an expert roundup on leadershipâ¦ Hereâs a link to the original article: 31 Leadership Experts Reveal Top Leadership Skills & Traits >>
- In case you didnât knowâ¦
- Guy Kawasaki is currently the chief evangelist of Canva, trustee of the Wikimedia Foundation, andÂ executive fellow at the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkeley. Prior to that, he was an advisor to the Motorola business unit of Google and chief evangelist of Apple. He is the author of The Art of the Start 2.0, The Art of Social Media, Enchantment, and ten other books. In case you didnât knowâ¦
- Needless to say, Guyâs years of experience make him an incredibly effective leader.
- So I asked him a simple question:
- What are the 3 most important leadership skills and/or traits? So I asked him a simple question:
- H E R E â S W H AT H E S A I D â¦
- #1 Empathy #2 Honesty #3 Humility Those three say it all for me! G U Y K A W A S A K I H E R E â S W H AT H E S A I D â¦ C L I C K T O T W E E T
- Letâs dive a little deeperâ¦
- N U M B E R O N E Empathy C L I C K T O T W E E T The ability to identify with or understand another's situation or feelings: Empathy is a distinctly human capability.
- N U M B E R O N E E M PAT H Y Why empathy is an important leadership trait:
- N U M B E R O N E E M PAT H Y Why empathy is an important leadership trait: Leaders need to understand the needs of the people following them in order to be effective. Understand that empathy is not the same as sympathy. Empathy means that youâre able to appreciate what someone else is going through. This is an extremely important leadership trait because when you truly understand the needs of your people, you can provide the support they need to succeed; which ultimately leads to greater productivity and collaboration.
- N U M B E R T W O Honesty The definition of honesty is very simple: Itâ the quality of being truthful with your self and others. C L I C K T O T W E E T
- N U M B E R T W O H O N E S T Y Why honesty is an important leadership trait:
- N U M B E R T W O H O N E S T Y Itâs impossible to hide the truth from people nowadays; information is now openly available online. There are no more secrets, we live in a transparent world, embrace it. Being open and honest (especially in difficult situations) with people is a crucial step in building trust, credibility and a positive reputation as a leader. You need the people youâre to leading trust you or else everything else you do will fail. Why honesty is an important leadership trait:
- N U M B E R T H R E E Humility Having or showing a consciousness of one's defects or shortcomings, not proud, not self- assertive and above all else, modest. C L I C K T O T W E E T
- N U M B E R T H R E E H U M I L I T Y Why humility is an important leadership trait:
- N U M B E R T H R E E H U M I L I T Y Itâs simple, people follow people they like. Some narcissistic leaders can find a following, but leaders who remain humble and down to earth are the ones who are loved and celebrated. Leaders should seek out feedback and focus on the needs of others. You need to be open to peopleâs feedback and criticisms and know how to admit that youâre not perfect and when you make mistakes. Why humility is an important leadership trait:
- Now itâs your turn!
- Now itâs your turn! Now that youâve read Guyâs top 3 leadership traits, I want to turn it over to youâ¦ Which trait from this list was your favorite? What would you add?
- Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below right now.
- Learn how-to boost your leadership skills with this bonus guide. F R E E B O N U S G U I D E CLICK HERE TO GET ACCESS The bonus guide includes a PDF eBook that will walk you through 43 leadership traits that you need to understand and focus energy on.