AdDuplex Windows Phone Device Statistics - February, 2015
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- AdDuplex Windows Phone Statistics Report – February, 2015 February 19th, 2015 Compiled by Lijana Juozaitytė, Matt Lacey and Alan Mendelevich
- Windows Phone Statistics Report In the month where AdDuplex introduced support for interstitial ads, the global trend has seen tremendous growth of the Lumia 530 and the Lumia 635. Also of note is the first Lumia made by Microsoft, the 535, entering the global top 10. We also look in detail at Mexico, UK, Spain and India. And finally we cover the new phones you can expect to be announced at Mobile World Congress. www.adduplex.com 2 February 19th, AdDuplex
- Data Source This report is based on data collected from 5,090 Windows Phone apps running AdDuplex SDK v.2. The raw data analyzed was collected over the day of February 19th, 2015 (UTC time) unless otherwise stated. We have made every attempt to consolidate different reported phone model names under their canonical retail model names, but it is possible that some of the rare model name variations were not accounted for. AdDuplex is the largest cross-promotion network for Windows Phone and Windows Store apps empowering developers and publishers to promote their apps for free by helping each other. AdDuplex was established in January 2011 in Vilnius, Lithuania. As of February 2015, more than 10,000 apps actively use AdDuplex to gain more visibility.
- www.adduplex.com 4 From now on AdDuplex is also serving interstitial ads to help you get even better results while cross- promoting your apps and games. More information and special offers here.
- Windows Phone Devices Worldwide February 19th, AdDuplex The top 10 are all still Lumia’s but this is the first time we see Microsoft’s name as the manufacturer, of the 535. The 530 and 635 have also leapfrogged the 920 showing strong growth of the newer lower spec devices. www.adduplex.com 5 NOKIA Lumia 520 23.2% NOKIA Lumia 630 9.7% NOKIA Lumia 625 7.1% NOKIA Lumia 530 5.1% NOKIA Lumia 635 4.8%NOKIA Lumia 920 4.7% NOKIA Lumia 620 3.5% NOKIA Lumia 925 3.4% NOKIA Lumia 720 3.1% MICROSOFT Lumia 535, 3.1% Other 32.3%
- Windows Phone 8 Manufacturers February 19th, AdDuplex The Microsoft/Nokia manufacturer powerhouse continues to increase in market share. Meanwhile HTC, Samsung and Huawei all lost share. The combined share of new OEMs is growing slowly but steadily. www.adduplex.com 6 Microsoft/NOKIA 96.00% HTC 2.28% SAMSUNG 0.90% HUAWEI 0.47% Other 0.35%
- OS Versions – Worldwide February 19th, AdDuplex The share of Windows Phone 8.1 continues to grow and at an increasing pace. WP 8.0 and 7.x are both down and at percentages that suggest the growth of 8.1 is almost entirely from new devices and not devices being upgraded from 8.0. www.adduplex.com 7 Windows Phone 8.1 67.7% Windows Phone 8 21.3% Windows Phone 7.x 10.8% Windows 10 0.2%
- Windows Phone Devices – US February 19th, AdDuplex The Lumia 635 has had the most growth with a 4.9% gain in market share in this past month. The 530 has shown the next highest growth by increasing 1.6% and overtaken the 920 to become the fifth most popular device. The combined share of lower-end 8.1 generation devices (635, 630, 530) is now higher than that of their 8.0 gen siblings (520, 521), which is a good sign. Down at the bottom of the list the 1520 has pushed the HTC 8X out of tenth place. www.adduplex.com 8 NOKIA Lumia 521 17.3% NOKIA Lumia 635 17.2% NOKIA Lumia 520 10.5% NOKIA Lumia 630 9.0% NOKIA Lumia 530 6.1% NOKIA Lumia 920 5.2% NOKIA Lumia 822 3.9% NOKIA Lumia 928 3.8% NOKIA Lumia 1020 3.4% NOKIA Lumia 1520 3.0% Other 20.7%
- Windows Phone 8.x Operators – US February 19th, AdDuplex Cricket and T-Mobile continue the dance they’ve been doing for the last five months. This month it’s cricket’s turn to take second place. Aside from this things are largely unchanged. www.adduplex.com 9 AT&T 31.4% cricket 20.9% T-Mobile 18.8% Verizon 13.9% MetroPCS 5.0% Family Mobile 3.8% Other 6.2%
- Windows Phone Devices – Mexico February 19th, AdDuplex With devices running 7.X making up more than 1 in 4 devices still in use in Mexico it’s an outlier at more than twice the global average. The only real change since we last looked at Mexico, in October, is the Lumia 530 which has come from nowhere to take 8.3% of the market. www.adduplex.com 10 NOKIA Lumia 520 34.0% NOKIA Lumia 710 10.3% NOKIA Lumia 530 8.3%NOKIA Lumia 625 8.0% NOKIA Lumia 505 7.5% NOKIA Lumia 630 6.8% NOKIA Lumia 610 6.1% NOKIA Lumia 720 2.8% NOKIA Lumia 635 2.1% NOKIA Lumia 800 2.0% Other 12.1%
- Windows Phone Devices – UK February 19th, AdDuplex Continued growth of the 630 and 635 now mean that if considered together would be the most popular device in the market. As the difference between the two is that the 635 also has an LTE/4G radio grouping them together isn’t an unreasonable consideration. The Lumia 800 has also slipped from the top 10 meaning all that remain are now running 8.0 or 8.1. www.adduplex.com 11 NOKIA Lumia 520 20.1% NOKIA Lumia 635 12.2% NOKIA Lumia 630 12.2% NOKIA Lumia 625 8.1% NOKIA Lumia 530 7.8% NOKIA Lumia 1020 4.8% NOKIA Lumia 920 4.4% NOKIA Lumia 930 4.3% NOKIA Lumia 925 3.7% NOKIA Lumia 735 3.4% Other 18.9%
- Windows Phone Devices – Spain February 19th, AdDuplex With the 520 showing a drop and the 635 now having an almost 15% market share and the 530 now with a 8.6% share we see the global trend of strong sales in the lower price devices reflected in Spain. www.adduplex.com 12 NOKIA Lumia 520 34.5% NOKIA Lumia 635 14.7% NOKIA Lumia 530 8.6% NOKIA Lumia 625 8.3% NOKIA Lumia 925 5.0% NOKIA Lumia 630 4.0% NOKIA Lumia 710 3.7% NOKIA Lumia 920 3.3% NOKIA Lumia 1320 2.0% NOKIA Lumia 610 1.9% Other 14.0%
- Windows Phone Devices – India February 19th, AdDuplex Last month we remarked on the Microsoft 535 gaining 5% share in a month. This month it’s gained a further 5.9%. This growth has come primarily at the expense of the “other” group and the 520, although it still maintains more than a quarter of the market. www.adduplex.com 13 NOKIA Lumia 520 25.2% MICROSOFT Lumia 535, 15.0% NOKIA Lumia 625 7.0% NOKIA Lumia 630 6.9% NOKIA Lumia 720 6.9% NOKIA Lumia 730 6.6% NOKIA Lumia 525 4.5% NOKIA Lumia 620 4.2% NOKIA Lumia 530 4.2% NOKIA Lumia 1320 3.1% Other 16.4%
- www.adduplex.com 14 BIG ads – BIG presents: • All Access Pass to GDC Europe and gamescom conferences (€895 value) • Up to €2,000 for travel and accommodation expenses • €500 pocket money More information on how to enter AdDuplex biggest contest here.
- Unreleased phones February 19th, AdDuplex Mobile World Congress is just around the corner and there’s a lot of speculation of what phones Microsoft may announce or launch there. Here’s what we see in our stats: • Microsoft/Nokia RM-1031 - 480x800, 4". Seen all over the place so must be close to launch. Interestingly searching for this model number online returns matches for Nokia XL (short-lived Android phone) • Microsoft/Nokia RM-1062, 63 (AT&T), 64, 65, 66, 67 - 720x1280, 5.7". We've covered these before, but now we see quite a lot of them (including one version on AT&T in US). So that would probably be another MWC announcement. • Microsoft/Nokia RM-1072, 73 (AT&T), 74, 75, 76, 77 - 720x1280, 5". Another phone we've covered before and again seen all over the place. Expect soon. • Microsoft RM-1109, RM-1113 - 720x1280, 5". Just a few sightings in Brazil (1109) and in Asia (1113). Could be the same phone as RM-1072 or a specialized variant of it. • Microsoft/Nokia RM-1099 - 480x800, 4“ Unfortunately we haven’t seen anything new from either HTC, Samsung or LG, so we shouldn’t expect any new Windows Phones from them in the MWC timeframe. www.adduplex.com 15
- Meet AdDuplex at Mobile World Congress #MWC15 www.adduplex.com 16 AdDuplex team is looking forward to meet every Windows Phone, Windows app or game developer just to share ideas or discuss the best practices to grow your apps on Microsoft platforms. We are also happy to meet our peers in the app industry. Schedule a meeting to discuss the ways you can grow and monetize your WP apps – drop us a line at [email protected] See you in Barcelona!
- AdDuplex CROSS-PROMOTION NETWORK FOR WINDOWS PHONE AND WINDOWS STORE APPS CONNECT WITH US facebook.com/adduplex @adduplex www.adduplex.com copyright © 2015 AdDuplex Windows Phone Statistics Report – February, 2015 Windows Phone Statistics Report Slide Number 3 Slide Number 4 Windows Phone Devices Worldwide Windows Phone 8 Manufacturers OS Versions – Worldwide Windows Phone Devices – US Windows Phone 8.x Operators – US Windows Phone Devices – Mexico Windows Phone Devices – UK Windows Phone Devices – Spain Windows Phone Devices – India Slide Number 14 Unreleased phones Meet AdDuplex at Mobile World Congress Slide Number 17