Feedbackly.com - Clothing Brands: Boost Sales Directly with Consumers — a Customer-Experience Guru Tells You How
- Feedbackly.com - Clothing Brands: Boost Sales Directly with Consumersâa Customer-Experience Guru Tells You How As a global growth hacker for over seven years, I know that consistently achieving major new growth requires a holistic approach to the marketing, sales and business practices of a company. Iâm always looking for new insights, so I am very pleased when I encounter professionals like Jaakko MÃ¤nnistÃ¶, a customer experience (CX) guru from Scandinavia. I have published several of his insightful articles. Now weâre talking about clothing brands and customer feedback. âChristian Dillstrom __________________________________ http://lnked.in/jaakkomannisto http://lnked.in/author
- IF I UNDERSTAND YOU CORRECTLY, YOU ARE SAYING THAT CLOTHING BRANDS CAN GENERATE IMMEDIATE SALES WHENEVER THEY WANT USING LOW-COST CUSTOMER FEEDBACK. That is exactly what I am saying. Using our method and technology, every customer who gives feedback will receive a preset upsell offerâan offer that is automatically adjusted in response to what the customer says when he gives feedback. Letâs say the feedback is negative. The customer has had a bad experience. In that case, he receives an upsell offer that includes compensation of some kind. If the feedback is positive, the upsell offer will invite him to buy a more expensive clothing product. We also make it possible for our clothing-brand clients to send email marketing messages to customers of their clothing. Our clients will know exactly what clothes their customers have bought and where the consumer is located. HOW CAN YOU COLLECT SUCH VALUABLE MARKETING DATA FOR CLOTHING BRANDS? We use price tags. Our feedback request is plainly visible right on the price tags of the clientsâ clothing products. Customers can give us feedback using the browser of their mobile phone. They donât have to download, install or send anything. Itâs easy. We receive a lot of feedback, a lot more feedback than the average customer-experience company does. In addition to making it as easy as possible for customers to tell us what they think, we also give those who respond a chance to win the latest iPhone in our monthly drawing. Consumers love a chance to win prizes like this and they like to get compensated for their efforts. Most feel that a chance to win something neat like the latest iPhone is payment enough for a few moments of their time. So, itâs easy and thereâs a great enticement. Naturally, if the customers want to learn whether theyâve won a snazzy new iPhone in our monthly drawing, they need to give us their email address. Which theyâre happy to do. Best of all, we get feedback from customers who seldom bother to give feedbackâwhich gives us a much better idea of what all kinds of customers are thinking. Usually, customer-experience data are heavily biased.
- Very unhappy and very unhappy customers are heavily over-represented. Theyâre very motivated. By contrast, our method captures a much broader range of responses, including more neutral responses. So, our customer-experience data provide a safer basis for business decisions. HOW DO RESELLERS FIGURE INTO THE PROCESS? ARENâT RESELLERS TRYING TO HIDE THE BRANDS OF THE CLOTHING FROM CONSUMERS? They are certainly trying to do that. At the same time, though, resellers keep asking for spending on marketing from clothing companies, so that the resellers can increase their own sales of the clothes. Sales per square meter is very important to resellers. They demand marketing by clothing brands to keep their clothes in the most valuable locations in the stores or even to avoid being dropped altogether if and when their sales dip too much lower than the sales of competitors. Unfortunately, the most cost effective and powerful marketingâvert precise email marketingâis not possible; resellers do not allow clothing companies to directly collect the emails of their consumers. And other marketing solutions are very expensive... unless the clothing brand is one of our clients. The same much less expensive and much more effective method of marketingâour method of upsellingâthat is in the interest of the brand company is also in the interest of the reseller company. Resellers love the instant upsell that our clothing-brand clients can now provide. I WANT TO MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THIS. SO, IN ADDITION TO THE INSTANT UPSELL OFFER, YOU DO OFFER A POSSIBILITY OF EMAILING CONSUMERS, IN A WAY THAT IS OKAY WITH THE RESELLER? CUSTOMERS WOULD WANT TO RECEIVE THESE EMAIL MARKETING MESSAGES? Yes, thatâs right. Nobody wants to receive email marketing messagesâunless these messages are prepared correctly. We prepare them correctly. What we collect for our clothing-brand clients is a very precise and very localized email marketing database.
- Theyâre targeted. So, if you are, for example, a clothing brand, our method enables you to know that a consumer bought your jacket and liked your jacket. Also, that your local reseller has trousers on his shelf that would go great with the jacket that the consumer just bought. So why not email this customer about the trousers and how well they match the jacket? If Iâm the customer who bought it, thatâs just the kind of email marketing message I would want to receive. WHY IS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE IMPORTANT FOR A CLOTHING BRAND IN THE FIRST PLACE? Itâs always been important. But in today's world, when everything is changing so quickly, all the time, the experience you offer to your customer is the only way to create a competitive edge that you can sustain. Ensuring a high-quality customer experience is a great way to boost your sales. And isn't that the point of a good customer relationship? The customer buys more and is happy to buy more. Youâre looking out for the customer and yourself at the same time. WHY ARE CLOTHING-BRAND COMPANIES COMFORTABLE WITH INSERTING THIS POINT OF ENGAGEMENT IN THE PRICE TAGS OF THEIR GARMENTS? There is only one way to prosper in business over the long haul, and that is by having lots of happy customers who stay happy. And the only way to make sure that your clothing customers are happy is to know how they feel about your clothes. You canât fix problems you donât know about. You canât make changes that the customers are eager for you to make if you donât know what they want. A targeted marketing database is more important to you than a pile of gold, because you can keep making sales from it. And this is what we are creating for our clothing-brand clients: A highly-targeted marketing database that contains comprehensive information about the experiences of the customers who are buying and wearing your clothes.
- In the short term, you get an instant sales boost from the automatically adjustable upsell offers. So, weâre not talking only about long-term profits that your company will enjoy some day. Weâre increasing your short-term and your long-term profits. Weâre making more money for you right now. HOW DO YOU MEASURE THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE? Software. We have created a cloud-based software that you can use to measure your customerâs experience and then instantly upsell to that same customer. This is software that can be deployed easily and practically everywhere. We can interact with the customer at any point in the customerâs journey, whether the journey takes place on websites on the Internet or in brick-and-mortar store fronts; whether the browsing and buying happens on a mobile phone or in a kiosk. We create the upsell the same way. With one pasta and dry-clothing manufacturer that we worked with, this meant bringing the measurement tool to the product packaging. We built a sophisticated marketing database of information about thousands of consumers in just a couple of months. CANÂ´T CLOTHING BRANDS DO THIS KIND OF THING WITH THE MARKETING TOOLS THEY ALREADY HAVE? Not usually, no. The problem is that most companies don't even have a very precise marketing database. So, there is little if any real targeting they can do. Theyâre just offering the same generic offers to everyone. Which would be fine if every customer were identical with every other customer. We measure the customer experience and communicate with the consumer using what we have learned. We tailor our responses. This is something that companies often canât do by themselves. Itâs a division of labor. I THINK THAT MOST OF MY CLOTHING-BRAND CLIENTS WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PURSUING THIS.
- HOW DO THEY GET STARTED? Easy enough. They just need to click here to book a free teleconference with us. Once we get our system in place, a new client can use our services free for 30 days to increase their sales and see the concrete results of our work. Huge potential benefits, zero risk. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. Iâm sure weâll be hearing more from Jaakko MÃ¤nnistÃ¶ and Feedbackly.com! BACKGROUND Christian Dillstrom is a global growth hacker who has growth-hacked more than 10 percent of Fortune 500 companies over the last seven years. Mr. Dillstrom is responsible for over 100 marketing and sales innovations. Over 350 million of his marketing solutions are currently active on the Internet. Every month, 18 million business people read his Growth Hacking articles at SlideShare. Click here to read them. Mr. Dillstrom has founded and managed three global startups and has evaluated and consulted with over 300 startups around the globe since 1999. To get in touch with Christian Dillstrom, book a free teleconference with him, please click here. http://lnked.in/jaakkomannisto http://www.feedbackly.com/ http://lnked.in/author http://lnked.in/author http://lnked.in/author http://lnked.in/author http://lnked.in/author http://lnked.in/teleconference