Steps to apply for Passport Services
- Steps to Apply for Passport Services
- Visit Passport Seva Portal http://passportindia.gov.in
- Register yourself as new user, create User Id.
- Provide User Id details and click Register. e-mail Id is mandatory, registration confirmation mail will be sent to your e-mail Id.
- Login to the portal.
- Enter User Id, password and displayed Captcha characters and click Login. Captcha Characters
- Select required service (e.g. Apply for Fresh Passport / Reissue of Passport).
- You can apply for passport/reissue passport through two methods: • Alternate 1: Downloading e-Form and uploading later • Alternate 2: Filling application form online
- Alternate 1: Download the e-Form, which can be filled offline and uploaded later.
- Alternate 1 (contd.): Download e-Form for required service. 4
- Alternate 1 (contd.): Fill the e-Form.
- Alternate 1 (contd.): Upload the filled e-Form.
- Alternate 2: Click the highlighted link to fill the application form online.
- Alternate 2: Fill the application form online and submit.
- Schedule Appointment Scheme 2: PSKs for which Online Payment is mandatory for booking appointments. Access the URL: www.passportindia.gov.in for list of these PSKs
- View saved/submitted application.
- Scheme 1: Schedule an appointment for visiting the PSK.
- Scheme 1 (contd.): Select PSK and click Next
- Scheme 2 (contd.): Earliest available Appointment Date will be displayed on screen. Click Pay and Book Appointment to proceed for appointment booking.
- Scheme 2 (contd.): Click Payment Mode of your convenience and pay indicated application fee amount.
- Scheme 2 (contd.): Appointment confirmed for visiting the PSK.
- Scheme 2 (contd.): Print Application Receipt.
- Scheme 2 (contd.): Check the date and time of your appointment on application receipt.
- Thank You In case of additional information or clarification, please contact our national call centre at toll free number 1800-258-1800