Docker for web development: How Docker is solving real world problems for web developers!
- @tompeham I @usersnap HOW DOCKER IS SOLVING REAL WORLD PROBLEMS FOR WEB DEVELOPERS
- THIS IS ME! @TOMPEHAM I @USERSNAP https://twitter.com/tompeham https://twitter.com/usersnap
- @TOMPEHAM I @USERSNAP Say hi! THIS IS ME! https://twitter.com/tompeham https://twitter.com/usersnap
- BEFORE WE GET STARTEDâ¦ You can find all resources here! http://goo.gl/F6nVto
- HEREâS HOW DOCKER IS SOLVING REAL WORLD PROBLEMS FOR WEB DEVELOPERS
- What is Docker? Docker is an open source tool for running isolated containers on Linux making the deployment of apps inside containers faster. Docker creates portable, self-sufficient containers from any application. The same container that the developer builds and tests on his PC, can run in production, on VMs, in the cloud and a lot more places. You can run a single service per container, e.g. one container for your MySQL, one container for your Apache, and one container for your WordPress installation.
- Docker containers vs. VMs The ability to separate an application from the underlying Linux operating system is very attractive. Comparing Docker containers to VMs is a valid thing, although Docker containers do not replace VMs.
- Container & Container-as-a-Service Containers have been around for quite a while. Although it never really became something like an âindustry standardâ, Docker made it all possible. Docker is basically built on top of LXC (Linux Containers). Itâs definitely not a replacement for LXC, instead Docker offers some high level features on top of LXC The growth of the Container- as-a-Service business is immense.
- Real-world use cases for web developers Docker is basically designed in a way that it can be used in many different use cases. Big community With its growing community of developers, there are thousands of ready-to-go containers for popular applications like MySQL or WordPress. Local Development Working with Docker containers on local environment is a true productivity booster and definitely saves you some last minute hassle. App isolation With Docker you basically run one application or process per container. Containers take advantage of the ability to create isolated environments. Rapid deployment With Docker, you can have everything up-and-running within seconds. By simply creating a container and not booting up an OS, we definitely see some time saved.
- Security benefits of Containers Running various containers can provide some security benefits. By running applications on various containers, each container only has access to the ports and files explicitly exposed by the other container. Further on, containers offer a higher level of control on what data and software are installed. Some malodorous script run in one container, wonât affect any other container.
- Simplified testing Setting up testing environments with Docker containers is super-easy. By setting up different Docker containers for testing, you can dramatically speed up your test suite by separating different versions in different containers.
- Easy configuration Setting up testing environments with Docker containers is super-easy. By setting up different Docker containers for testing, you can dramatically speed up your test suite by separating different versions in different containers.
- Enjoyed this presentation?
- Enjoyed this presentation? Yes you did? Awesome.
- Enjoyed this presentation? Yes you did? Awesome. Give it a tweet!
- Enjoyed this presentation? Yes you did? Awesome. Give it a tweet! PLEASE!!!!!!
- ONE LAST THINGâ¦ JUST PING US ON TWITTER. https://twitter.com/usersnap