Nimble Streamer overview
The present document can't read!
Please download to view
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
Nimble Streamer is a light-weight HTTP streaming server.
- Streaming HLS as live and VOD origin;
- Streaming MPEG-DASH as live and VOD origin;
- RTMP, RTSP, MPEGTS streaming;
- Re-streaming HLS, HDS and Smooth Streaming;
- Icecast streaming and re-streaming;
- Paywall, hot-linking protection and geo restrictions;
- Load balancing and caching.
2. HTTP streaming is the future ● More effective ● Lower delivery cost ● Better caching utilization ● Easier implementation Hence wide adoption of HTTP Live Streaming, Smooth Streaming, HTTP Dynamic Streaming and MPEG-DASH. 3. Demand for HTTP streaming server Customers seek for light-weight solution: ● High performance; ● Low license price. Goals: decrease TCO and increase ROI. 4. Nimble Streamer initial development requirements ● Handle all HTTP streaming protocols: ○ stream as origin; ○ re-stream as edge. ● Get binary protocols as input as well. ● Run at all major platforms on small virtual machine. ● Fit to high-performance streaming infrastructure. ● Free of charge. 5. Nimble Streamer performs transmuxing, i.e. re-packaging on-the-fly: ● Pulled and published RTMP to HLS; ● MPEG2TS to HLS; ● Adaptive bitrates full support; ● Icecast/SHOUTcast to audio-only HLS; ● Security features may be applied to outgoing streams. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/live_streaming HLS live origin server 6. Transmuxing files to HLS in VOD mode: ● MP4 to HLS; ● ABR via SMIL files; ● MP3 and AAC to audio-only HLS; ● Security features may be applied to outgoing streams. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/vod_streaming HLS VOD origin server 7. Re-streaming edge server: ● Re-streaming live and VOD HLS streams; ● Takes media from any origin server; ● Smart caching with RAM and ROM to offload origin. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/http_restreaming HLS edge server 8. MPEG-DASH streaming ● Live streaming from published and pulled RTMP; ● Video-on-demand from MP4; ● MPEG-DASH re-streaming as cache-aware edge. ● Hotlinking protection; ● Geo blocking; ● Pay-per-view framework; ● Streaming over SSL; Nimble Streamer team is an associate member of DASH Industry Forum. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/dash 9. RTMP ● Full RTMP streaming feature set; ● Pull from any source; ● Get published RTMP; ● Produce RTMP for playback; ● Re-publish RTMP for origin-edge interaction; ● Full set of paywall features. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/rtmp 10. RTSP ● Pull RTSP from any source; ● Get published RTSP; ● Transmux to RTMP, MPEG2TS, HLS, MPEG-DASH and Icecast. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/rtsp 11. MPEG2TS ● Take incoming UDP multicast and unicast MPEG-TS; ● Pull MPEG2TS over HTTP; ● Transmux to RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH and Icecast; ● Make cache-aware re-streaming of MPEG2TS. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/mpeg2ts 12. Nimble Streamer can be used as origin for various audio scenarios: ● Icecast cache-aware re-streaming with metadata support; ● Multiple Icecast streams as fallback; ● Transmux RTMP, RTSP and MPEG2TS to Icecast; ● MP3 and AAC tranxmusing to audio-only HLS; ● Security features may be applied to outgoing streams. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/audio_streaming Audio streaming 13. Pseudo-streaming server ● Progressive download full support; ● Works as both origin and re-streaming edge; ● Seeking via HTTP Range header and Flash time marks; ● Supported formats: mp4, flv, mp3, oga, ogv, wav, webm, mkv; ● Custom formats support via just single config setting. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/progressive_download 14. SmoothStreaming and HDS server Cache-aware re-streaming as edge server: ● Smooth Streaming as live and VOD; ● HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) as live and VOD; ● Take media from any origin server like IIS or Wowza; ● Cache chunks with RAM and ROM to offload origin. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/http_restreaming 15. Protection, restriction and limitation Protecting your media assets with paywall feature set: ● Verimatrix VCAS support ● Pay-per-view framework; ● Hotlinking restriction; ● Geo-location limitation; ● IP ranges limitation; ● AES-128 encryption support for HLS. Based on proven WMSAuth technology successfully used for Wowza Media Server and Windows Media Services. https://wmspanel.com/paywall 16. Peer-to-peer streaming Nimble can be used as origin for P2P streaming networks. A few required features are available in the product. Check this page to see full list and get examples and demos from our partners: https://wmspanel.com/nimble/p2p_streaming 17. API Application Programming Interface allows: ● Obtaining single server status - connections, bandwidth, RTMP and MPEG-TS stats; ● Managing live streaming settings - RTMP, RTSP, Icecast, ABR; ● Getting real-time statistics for all servers, separate server and separate stream; ● Getting all daily stats available via common UI. https://wmspanel.com/api_info https://wmspanel.com/nimble/api 18. Easy configuration Nimble Streamer may be configured by: ● configuration files; ● WMSPanel web interface. Available for Linux, Windows version is coming soon. WMSPanel web interface allows setting up: ● live streaming settings; ● VOD settings; It’s accessible from any device: PC, iOS, Android etc. 19. Excellent reporting (1/2) https://wmspanel.com/reporting ● Web-based access from any device: PC, iPhone/iPad, Android etc. ● Real-time chart: connections + top-20 countries; ● Daily statistics: ○ connections, ○ traffic, ○ bandwidth, ○ geo-location. ● In-depth report for per-file and per-stream stats; ● High-details retrospective charts; ● Each stream has real-time and retrospective charts. 20. https://wmspanel.com/reporting ● Data slices: ○ daily and real-time stats for separate streams; ○ end-users logins. ● White label branding “camouflage” for end-users: ○ unlimited custom domains, ○ any logos, ○ custom styling; ● Export and alerts API; ● Billing report; ● UI i18n: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Turkish and more; Excellent reporting (2/2) 21. Nimble Streamer is free of charge: ● No license fees; ● Patent clear; ● Opened config format; ● Make money on WMSPanel reporting and control; ● Completely operational without control panel. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/tco Business model: Nimble 22. WMSPanel reporting and control: ● Software-as-a-service model; ● Monthly subscription payments; ● No need for dedicated customer hardware; ● Any time service cancellation. https://wmspanel.com/nimble/tco Business model: WMSPanel 23. Try now https://wmspanel.com/nimble [email protected]
- 1. Nimble Streamer Light-weight freeware media server https://wmspanel.com/nimble