AdDuplex Windows Phone Device Statistics for April, 2015
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- AdDuplex Windows Phone Statistics Report – April, 2015 April 17th, 2015 Compiled by Lijana Juozaityte, Matt Lacey and Alan Mendelevich
- Windows Phone Statistics Report www.adduplex.com 2 April 17th, AdDuplex Globally, this month has seen a continuation of the trend for a drop in market share for the Lumia 520 but it still remaining the most popular device. The Lumia 630 also continues to gain market share as the second most popular device. This month we take a first in-depth look at the market share of some of the smaller OEMs. Plus we look at Argentina, the big EU5 (EFIGS), Poland, Indonesia and India.
- Data Source This report is based on data collected from 5,429 Windows Phone apps running AdDuplex SDK v.2 (and higher). The raw data analyzed was collected over the day of April 17th, 2015 (UTC time) unless otherwise stated. We have made every attempt to consolidate different reported phone model names under their canonical retail model names, but it is possible that some of the rare model name variations were not accounted for. AdDuplex is the largest cross-promotion network for Windows Phone and Windows Store apps and games empowering developers and publishers to promote their apps for free by helping each other. AdDuplex was established in January 2011 in Vilnius, Lithuania. As of April 2015, more than 10,000 apps actively use AdDuplex to gain more visibility.
- www.adduplex.com 4 BIG ads – BIG presents: • All Access Pass to GDC Europe and gamescom conferences (€895 value) • Up to €2,000 for travel and accommodation expenses • €500 pocket money More information on how to enter AdDuplex biggest contest here.
- Windows Phone Devices Worldwide April 17th, AdDuplex There’s been very little change at the top this month. In fact, the devices and order that make up the top ten remain unchanged since last month. The 520 has dropped 1.4% and the 635 has seen growth of just 0.5% but those are the biggest changes for an individual device. There’s slight growth of 0.6 in the “other” category which could be an indicator of some changes next month. www.adduplex.com 5 NOKIA Lumia 520 23.1% NOKIA Lumia 630 10.0% NOKIA Lumia 625 6.6% NOKIA Lumia 530 6.2% NOKIA Lumia 635 6.0% MICROSOFT Lumia 535 5.6% NOKIA Lumia 920 4.0% NOKIA Lumia 620 3.2% NOKIA Lumia 925 3.1% NOKIA Lumia 720, 2.8% Other 29.4%
- Windows Phone 8 Manufacturers April 17th, AdDuplex Microsoft/Nokia branded devices see a 0.11% growth this month as HTC, Samsung and Huawei all see a fall. There’s a small gain for the other, smaller, manufacturers. www.adduplex.com 6 Microsoft/NOKIA 96.54% HTC 1.85% SAMSUNG 0.75% Huawei 0.44% Other 0.42%
- New OEMs April 17th, AdDuplex For the first time, this month we take a look at the top manufacturers in the “Other” category. These are newer OEMs who primarily started producing devices in the last year running Windows Phone 8.1. BLU are clearly the dominant brand in this area with their six different devices. www.adduplex.com 7 BLU 34.20% CHERRY 11.44% ARCHOS 9.36% PRESTIGIO 9.11% MICROMAX 6.76% HIGHSCREEN 4.87% XOLO 4.26% LAVA 3.71% KARBONN 2.67% ALLVIEW 2.38% Other 11.24%
- OS Versions – Worldwide April 17th, AdDuplex WP 8.1 continues to gain market share and is now on almost three out of every four devices. The share of devices running 7.1 remains stable at approximately one in twelve. Devices running Windows 10 have seen a large jump this month (up from just 0.1%) presumably in response to people trying out the second preview release of Windows 10 for phones that became available to Windows Insiders. www.adduplex.com 8 Windows Phone 8.1 72.5% Windows Phone 8.0 18.3% Windows Phone 7.1 8.5% Windows 10 0.7%
- Windows Phone Devices – US April 17th, AdDuplex The 635 has gained another 3.4% of market share this month while the 521 and 521 have lost a total of 2.5%. Things are largely unchanged but with the 630 actually losing share along with the 920 and 822, which also slips form eighth to tenth place. The “Other” category also sees a slight increase of 0.8%. www.adduplex.com 9 NOKIA Lumia 635 26.8% NOKIA Lumia 521 13.2% NOKIA Lumia 520 8.6% NOKIA Lumia 630 7.5%NOKIA Lumia 530 6.0% NOKIA Lumia 920 4.5% NOKIA Lumia 928 3.7% NOKIA Lumia 1020 3.3% NOKIA Lumia 1520 3.3% NOKIA Lumia 822 3.0% Other 20.0%
- Windows Phone 8.x Operators – US April 17th, AdDuplex Once again we see no change in order amongst the most popular US operators. AT&T saw the biggest individual increase in share of 1.4% while Cricket saw the biggest decrease at 0.9% The “Other” category also increased 1.4% www.adduplex.com 10 AT&T 33.2% cricket 20.1% T-Mobile 17.8% Verizon 12.5% MetroPCS 3.6% Boost Mobile 3.4% Other 9.4%
- Windows Phone Devices – Argentina April 17th, AdDuplex We last looked in depth at Argentina in July 2014. Back then the list was completely dominated by the 520, 710, 620 and 720. All of them are still amongst the top seven most popular devices but the 630 and 735 together have 30% of the market. Overall, this is a market heavily dominated by the cheaper Lumia devices. www.adduplex.com 11 NOKIA Lumia 520 25.8% NOKIA Lumia 630 16.3% NOKIA Lumia 635 13.7% NOKIA Lumia 710 9.6% NOKIA Lumia 530 8.6% NOKIA Lumia 620 6.9% NOKIA Lumia 720 4.5% NOKIA Lumia 900 4.0% MICROSOFT Lumia 535 2.8% NOKIA Lumia 1020 2.7% Other 5.0%
- Windows Phone Devices – EU5 (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Great Britain) April 17th, AdDuplex While we normally include at least one of the EFIGS countries in our monthly breakdowns, we last looked at them all together in September last year. In that time, the 520 has dropped from a 31.8% share while the 630 and 635 have, together, gained 10.9%. In all positions, apart from first place, each section is larger than it was showing the a broader range of devices are becoming popular. www.adduplex.com 12 NOKIA Lumia 520 17.4% NOKIA Lumia 630 11.6% NOKIA Lumia 635 9.8% NOKIA Lumia 625 7.8% NOKIA Lumia 530 6.4% NOKIA Lumia 925 4.9% MICROSOFT Lumia 535 4.8% NOKIA Lumia 920 4.6% NOKIA Lumia 930 4.4% NOKIA Lumia 820 3.2% Other 25.1%
- Windows Phone Devices – Poland April 17th, AdDuplex In the four months since we last looked at Poland we’ve seen a very predictable change. The 520 is down (4.7%). The 630 and 635 have gained (3.7% combined). The WP7 devices (610 and 800) are both down. The HTC 8S is also down (2.1%) www.adduplex.com 13 NOKIA Lumia 520 15.9% NOKIA Lumia 625 10.0% NOKIA Lumia 630 8.0% NOKIA Lumia 635 7.0% NOKIA Lumia 735 6.5% MICROSOFT Lumia 535 6.4% NOKIA Lumia 920 5.7% NOKIA Lumia 610 4.1% NOKIA Lumia 800 3.8% HTC 8S 3.5% Other 28.9%
- Windows Phone Devices – Indonesia April 17th, AdDuplex Since November, when we last profiled Indonesia, the 520 has lost 9% of it’s market share and the 535 has come from nowhere to now be on more than one in every five devices. When compared with other markets and the world as a whole it’s surprising to see the 630 only gain 0.2% of market share in five months but the popularity of the 535 explains this. www.adduplex.com 14 NOKIA Lumia 520 30.2% MICROSOFT Lumia 535 21.6% NOKIA Lumia 625 9.0% NOKIA Lumia 620 6.9% NOKIA Lumia 720 4.1% NOKIA Lumia 920 2.9% NOKIA Lumia 710 2.7% NOKIA Lumia 730 2.4% NOKIA Lumia 610 2.3% NOKIA Lumia 630 2.2% Other 15.7%
- Windows Phone Devices – India April 17th, AdDuplex Over the last month in India the 520 has lost 1.5% which the 535 has gained. Elsewhere in the top ten, the 630 has fallen below the 730. The rest of the top ten have all fallen by up to 0.4% while the other category has grown by 1.2%. www.adduplex.com 15 NOKIA Lumia 520 21.8% MICROSOFT Lumia 535, 20.5% NOKIA Lumia 730 6.9% NOKIA Lumia 630 6.9% NOKIA Lumia 625 6.6% NOKIA Lumia 720 5.5% NOKIA Lumia 525 4.2% NOKIA Lumia 530 4.1% NOKIA Lumia 620 3.6% NOKIA Lumia 1320 2.7% Other 17.2%
- Unreleased phones We’ve all felt a drought in terms of new flagships from Microsoft and heard a promise that there will be new high-end phones this year. It’s hard to expect such a phone released at Build, but we can at least hope to hear an announcement. Having said that, we are happy to report that we can confirm that such a phone exists. We have seen something called RM-1085 with a 5.7”, 1080p screen, running Windows 10 exclusively. Not sure if 1080p screen is a sign of high-end or rather a mid-range device in 2015, but at least it’s higher res than anything released after Lumia 930 hit the market at last Build. Judging by the fact that we only see it running Windows 10, it is safe to assume that it won’t be released until Windows 10 Mobile is finished. Other than that, we don’t have any other flagship news at this point. www.adduplex.com 16 April 17th, AdDuplex
- www.adduplex.com 17 From now on AdDuplex is also serving interstitial ads to help you get even better results while cross- promoting your apps and games. More information and special offers here.
- AdDuplex CROSS-PROMOTION NETWORK FOR WINDOWS PHONE AND WINDOWS STORE APPS CONNECT WITH US facebook.com/adduplex @adduplex www.adduplex.com copyright © 2015 AdDuplex Windows Phone Statistics Report – April, 2015 Windows Phone Statistics Report Slide Number 3 Slide Number 4 Windows Phone Devices Worldwide Windows Phone 8 Manufacturers New OEMs OS Versions – Worldwide Windows Phone Devices – US Windows Phone 8.x Operators – US Windows Phone Devices – Argentina Windows Phone Devices – EU5�(France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Great Britain) Windows Phone Devices – Poland Windows Phone Devices – Indonesia Windows Phone Devices – India Unreleased phones Slide Number 17 Slide Number 18