Why is Cloud So important to Your Business
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
- 1. Presented by: WHY IS CLOUD SO IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUSINESS May 19, 2015 Mauro Ronci MSP Sales Leader Middle East and Africa
- 2. © IBM Corporation 1 Could-Technologies allow SMBs to greatly improve their competitive position in the market Cloud Economics Significantly reduce IT costs. Shift capital expenditure into operating one (Capex to Opex). IT costs become variable and predictable resulting in lower financial risks. Resources elasticity and solution availability. Increases the availability of your IT, through 24x7 monitoring and management. Relieves your IT team from daily operations and provides you a single point of contact for your heterogeneous environment.
- 3. To really disrupt, a business should focus on building differentiation and rent the rest..
- 4. © IBM Corporation 3 Companies of all sizes have the ability to disrupt, or face the prospect of being disrupted Business Value Frees capital needed to innovate. Increases business agility. Provides access to expensive IT technologies. Provides access to critical IT skills. Allows innovative business models (IT as enabler). “Two guys in a Starbucks can have access to the same computing power as a Fortune 500 company.” Jim Deters Founder, Galvanize
- 5. © IBM Corporation 4 Could-Technologies are not risk-free. But are businesses really better equipped than their cloud vendors to manage inevitable emergencies? Security Downtime Data Control and Location Cloud technologies carry the same risks you do in your current environment, but MSPs have larger economies of scale resulting in better technology, more resources and higher skills to cope with those risks. Hybrid cloud allows you full control over data location. Virtualized resources allow to cope with failure in a fraction of the time.
- 6. © IBM Corporation 5 WILL YOU DISRUPT OR BE DISRUPTED BY YOUR INDUSTRY?
- 7. © IBM Corporation 6 The new hybrid cloud delivers choice and flexibility with control Visibility, control and security Everywhere data and services exist. Data and analytics To provide the best insight you can from all relevant data inside and outside your organization and optimize data sovereignty.
- 8. © IBM Corporation 7 Data and analytics in hybrid cloud will fuel competitive advantage Data services to replicate and synchronize data Analytics services to refine data and provide insight Cognitive computing services to interact with and change the world of new applications will be data intensive* * SOURCE: IDC ~80%
- 9. © IBM Corporation 8 WILL YOU BE LEFT BEHIND WHILE OTHERS TRANSFORM?
- 10. © IBM Corporation 9 The new hybrid cloud transforms roles across the organization Developers are empowered Business leaders innovate IT leaders advance change
- 11. © IBM Corporation 10 Leaders need access to cloud business apps in their hybrid cloud to drive competitive advantage Software- as-a-Service (SaaS) Accelerate business innovation Engage and collaborate Connect business processes fueled by powerful analytics of Pacesetters say SaaS has changed their organization’s business model* *SOURCE: IBM CENTER FOR APPLIED INSIGHTS, “CHAMPIONS OF SAAS” STUDY, JANUARY 2014 71%
- 12. © IBM Corporation 11 Developers need a digital innovation platform to rapidly bring new products and services to market Digital Innovation Platform Extend existing IT investments into cloud business and delivery models Enable seamless delivery with full DevOps and app lifecycle management Use any combination of public, dedicated and local development and deployment Bluemix provides expertise and services across market leading categories:
- 13. © IBM Corporation 12 IT needs a mix of deployment models and enterprise grade world class infrastructure World Class Cloud Infrastructure in Kuwait Open, secure, and scalable -Cloud infrastructure-as-a-service choices -On-premises private cloud and systems Global cloud footprint Secure, high-speed network Expert services and tools
- 14. © IBM Corporation 13 ARE YOU READY TO EMBRACE THE BENEFITS OF HYBRID CLOUD WITH UBG AND IBM?
- 15. THANK YOU Mauro Ronci MRonci@ae.ibm.com https://ae.linkedin.com/pub/mauro-ronci/7/a26/936